Here are Graham’s 9 Top Tips to a great study plan for Mathematics :
- Download the Mathematics Syllabus from the School Curriculum and Standards Authority and check-off every thing (check for any changes made to the syllabus).
- Build up your confidence by doing problems you’re good at – gradually get better by tackling harder ones.
- Do everything from your textbook – and only check the answers when you get stuck.
- Use your teacher! If you don’t understand something – make sure they explain it to you.
- Use the Academic Associates Study Guides, or free online tutoring programs such as Maths Online.
- Put together exam notes as you study. Piece together your 2x A4 written exam notes as you go - include worked examples you know are right.
- Practice in exam conditions – no music, internet, or TV - use only what you’re allowed in a exam. Give yourself a time limit and stick to it!
- Test yourself. In the week or two before your exam, complete a 2012 WACE Mathematics exam paper under exam conditions. Check any areas you need to work at.
- Do lots and lots (and lots) of questions!